Write your story to the State Government
Parents, grandparents and families are calling on the State Government to invest in age appropriate, person-centred community support and prevention services that avoid hospitalisation for children, adolescents and young people with complex mental health challenges and neuro-developmental challenges, including Autism and ADHD.
These families have created a new campaign under the Prevent Support Heal banner in advocating to the State Government to increase funding to make it easier to access prevention and early intervention and pathways of mental health support for children and young people.
The 1000 flowers project is a collection of 1000 stories from children and their families affected by the lack of community support and prevention for children and young people in the WA mental health system.
Write your story using this online form, and it’ll be automatically sent to your local member of parliament as well as to the Minister for Mental Health, Stephen Dawson.
We’ll print your flower out for you & present it in person to Minister Stephen Dawson in October!
Hosting a morning tea or would like to physically write on your flower?
If you’d like to physically write on your flower or are hosting a morning tea for others to write their flowers, simply follow these simple steps:
- Download & print the flower template A4, double sided and in colour.
- Write your story on the back.
- Email your flower(s) back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will email the flower to your local member of parliament for you.
- In October, we will print and then present these flowers to the Minister for Mental Health in Mental Health Week.