How do you get involved?
One of the easiest things that you can do to get involved is to sign and share our e-petition! The more signatures we have on the petition, the higher chance that we have of getting through to our change makers in parliament and seeing some real change!
With your help by sharing the petition with your friends, we’re able to grow and reach more people than ever before!
Volunteer for the campaign.
We’re looking for all hands on deck now! Let us know what you’d like to do to support the campaign and we’ll be in touch.
Here’s a brief description of what each of these roles involves:
- Doorknocking in your local community: This involves going out in your community, knocking on people’s doors and asking them to sign the Petition and sign up to the campaign!
- Campaign Calling: This involves calling people signed up to the campaign and asking them to help us out in whatever we need help with!
- Handing out Prevent Support Heal scorecards for Pre-poll or Election Day: This would involve handing out Prevent Support Heal scorecards rating each political party on what they’re doing to help rebalance Western Australia’s mental health system out the front of the polling booths at Pre-poll or Election Day
- Writing to your MP: Alongside sharing on social media, this is one of the easiest things you can do to help the campaign. Simply head to www.preventsupportheal.org.au/write, put in your details and click send!
- Sharing your lived experience story: This involves sharing your experiences with Western Australia’s mental health system on our website for us to share. You can view others stories at www.preventsupportheal.org.au/lived-experiences/
- Collect signatures and pledges: This involves going around and collecting signatures for our petition from people you may know, or anyone who is willing to sign.
If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Write to your MP
This is a really easy and impactful thing that you’re able to do for the campaign. Simply enter your address to find your MP, then your contact details, review the letter and edit it if you desire and then click send!